herbed shrimp pasta salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 7 minutes
ready in: 17 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. whole-wheat rotini
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 2 cups thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup light ranch yogurt dressing or light olive oil vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon no-salt-added citrus–herb seasoning
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta al dente according to package directions. During the last 2–3 minutes of cooking, add shrimp to pot. Cook just until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta and shrimp. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cucumber and tomatoes to pasta mixture. In a small bowl whisk together ranch dressing, dill and citrus seasoning. Pour over pasta, toss gently to coat, and serve.
Per serving: 320 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 145mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 3g sugars, 22g protein