honey baked country style ribs
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 lb country-style pork spare ribs, trimmed of excess fat.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Mix vinegar, honey and sugar together in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire, gingerroot, Tabasco and salt and stir to combine.
- Line large heavy roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place ribs in roasting pan and pour sauce over ribs.
- Cover pan tightly with additional foil and bake in preheated 325°F oven for 1½ hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove ribs from foil, baste with sauce and transfer to grill.
- Cook an additional 20 minutes to brown the ribs, basting with additional sauce after 10 minutes.
per serving: 560 calories, 21g fat, 8g saturated fat, 130mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 40g protein