imitation crab cakes with cajun seasoning
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 20 minutes makes: 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 8 oz. imitation crab, flake style
- 1/2 cup finely diced green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning*
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray or coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Shred crab into smaller pieces and place in a medium bowl with remaining ingredients, using 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs. Mix well and shape the crab mixture into 4 cakes.
- Coat crab cakes in remaining breadcrumbs, pressing crumbs onto the cakes, and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
- *Or use a blend of paprika, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.