island spice pork medallions
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 8 minutes
ready in: 28 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4.5 oz. each
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into medallions 1-inch thick
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). For the glaze, in a blender combine pineapple, brown sugar and garlic; blend until smooth. Pour half the glaze into a small serving bowl; set aside. Reserve remaining glaze.
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine Southwest seasoning and cinnamon; add pork medallions. Seal bag; turn to coat both sides of medallions. Remove from bag to a large plate. Season with salt to taste.
- Place medallions on grill. Grill, covered, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, brushing with reserved glaze throughout grilling. Serve with remaining glaze.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 155 calories, 3g fat, 1g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 8g sugars, 23g protein