lemon chicken over pasta
prep time: 20 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 7 oz. each
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- Fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the marinade, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add half the marinade; seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cover remaining marinade; set aside.
- Preheat broiler to high. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on broiler pan. Broil 8–10 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente according to package directions, omitting the salt. Drain and keep warm.
- Slice chicken. To serve, place pasta on 4 dishes. Top with chicken slices and drizzle with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan (if desired), and serve.
- Suggestion: Serve with a side of steamed green beans or broccoli
per serving: 385 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 1g sugars, 35g protein