lemon-garlic roasted artichokes
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 70 minutes Makes 6 servings, 3 ounces each
- 3 whole artichokes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 6 garlic cloves
- Ground pepper to taste
- Cut off the top third of the artichoke and the bottom stem at the base.
- Slightly peal apart some of the inner leaves and stuff each with 2 garlic cloves.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle each artichoke with mixture.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Tightly wrap artichokes in foil and place in baking dish or on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 50–70 minutes or until tender.
- When finished, remove foil and serve on a platter or individual plates.
- To eat, simply peal off a leaf and use your teeth to scrape off the creamy artichoke pulp at the non-pointy end of the leaf. Discard the leaf after eating this part.
*Make sure all ingredients are listed as Kosher for Passover
Per serving: 100 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1g sugars, 3g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.