lettuce wraps with avocado and mango salsa
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice (or juice of 1/2 an orange)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large romaine leaves, rinsed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, mango, red onion, orange juice, salt, and pepper. Let sit to allow flavors to combine.
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness. This will ensure even cooking.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on grill or broiler for 5–6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts lengthwise. Place lettuce leaves on a plate and fill each leaf with 2-3 chicken strips. Place 1/4 cup salsa on top of the chicken. Top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Suggestion: Serve with steamed rice.
per serving: 270 calories, 12g fat, 3g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 6g sugars, 28g protein