lime chipotle grilled shrimp
prep time: 10 minutes + refrigeration/marinate time
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 2 oz. each
- 1 lb. 21–25 frozen shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In blender, combine lime juice, chipotle peppers, garlic cloves and salt. Process until smooth.
- Add some Adobo sauce from the can (to taste).
- Place mixture in a large plastic food storage bag. Add shrimp and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade. Discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto the skewers and place on the grill for 1–2 minutes per side until the shrimp are pink and just firm.
per serving: 80 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 16g protein