make-ahead mashed potatoes
prep time: 30 minutes cook time: 1 hour ready in: 1 hour, 30 minutes makes: 16 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 4 lb. white or Yukon Gold potatoes (about 10), peeled, cubed
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 slice OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling water 10–15 minutes or until tender; drain. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add sour cream, reduced-fat cream cheese and onion powder; mash until creamy.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2-qt. casserole; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 min. before baking. Discard plastic wrap.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake potatoes 1 hour or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon and onions.