meaty pasta ratatouille
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 10 ounces each
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar (26 oz.) Ragu®Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 box (16 oz.) rotini or linguine pasta, cooked and drained
- Brown ground beef in 12 inch skillet, stirring frequently. Remove ground beef; drain, if desired.
- Heat olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return ground beef to skillet, then stir in sauce, peas and mustard. Cook 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve over hot rotini and, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Tip: This tasty sauce is perfect for more than topping pasta. Use this sauce to dress up your next lasagna or baked ziti.
per serving: 380 calories, 8g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 54g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 9g sugars, 23g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.