prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 1 slice each
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, chili powder and salt. Stir in cornmeal.
- Add eggs, milk and shortening and beat until smooth.
- Fold jalapenos into batter and pour into a greased pie dish.
- Bake at 425°F for 20–25 minutes.
per serving: 160 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein