onion-apple glazed pork tenderloin
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 ½ to 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 Tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or water
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In small roasting or baking pan, arrange pork. Season with pepper and rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast uncovered 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine remaining olive oil, onion soup mix, apple juice and brown sugar. Pour over pork and continue roasting 10 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Remove pork to serving platter; cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for at least 3 minutes.
- Place roasting pan over medium-high heat and bring pan juices to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in water, wine and flour and boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. To serve, thinly slice pork and serve with gravy.
per serving: 230 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 7g sugars, 24g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.