prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 2 cups each
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- 16 oz. pkg whole wheat linguine
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small eggplant, sliced into small chunks, about 2 cups
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat canola oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, ginger, eggplant and cook for about 1 minute. Add garlic, broccoli, tomatoes, and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain pasta. Add it and the chicken to the vegetable mixture, toss and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with scallions.
per serving: 330 calories, 5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 51g carbohydrates, 8g dietary fiber, 24g protein