pasta with shrimp, broccoli and cherry tomatoes
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 ounces each
- 1/2 lb uncooked pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, microwave or steam broccoli just until crisp tender.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp and sauté just until the shrimp turns pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and black pepper.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes and toss gently to combine. Serve the shrimp and vegetables over pasta. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
per serving: 420 calories, 10g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 180mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 51g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 32g protein