pasta with swiss chard, eggplant and mushrooms
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 7 servings, 10 oz. servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb fresh Swiss chard, trimmed, washed, and cut into 1-inch crosswise pieces
- 3 cups cubed eggplant (about 1 lb)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 oz. sliced white mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 box (13.2 oz.) whole grain penne pasta
- 1/2 cup diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté Swiss chard for 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and sauté eggplant and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until well browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Add sautéed Swiss chard and cook for 1 more minute.
- While vegetables are being sautéed, cook pasta according to the package directions, then drain water.
- Toss hot pasta immediately with the mozzarella and Gorgonzola, add in sautéed vegetables and season with pepper.
per serving: 330 calories, 11g fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate, 8g fiber, 5g sugars, 14g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.