pineapple barbecue baby back ribs
prep time: 30 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
ready in: 12 hours
makes: 8 servings, 8 oz. each
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1½ Tablespoon mustard powder
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced ginger root or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more, if desired
- 4 lb. slab of baby back ribs
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large glass bowl or dish, stir together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard powder, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Lightly oil grill pan and preheat on medium-high. Place ribs on grill and cook until ribs have grill marks.
- Place slightly grilled ribs in bowl of marinade. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 8 hours or overnight. You can also place in the refrigerator in a large freezer bag or bags for easy cleanup tomorrow.
- Place in slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Add barbecue sauce. Cover and cook for 1½ hours or until tender.
per serving: 630 calories, 35g fat, 12g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 1200mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 25g protein