pork chops with fresh peaches & basil
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 9 oz. each
- 2 lb. bone-in center-cut pork chops or 1 lb. boneless
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1¼ lb. peaches, pits removed, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lemon for zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook until first side is nicely browned, about 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer chops to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, melt butter in skillet and scrape up any browned bits. Add peaches, lemon zest, sugar and red pepper flakes. Sauté, stirring gently, until peaches begin to soften but don’t lose their shape, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and half of the basil.
- Place warm pork chops on plates. Divide spinach among plates and top with sautéed peaches. Pour any remaining sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve immediately.
- Suggestions: Serve with whole-wheat pasta.
per serving: 340 calories, 19g fat, 7g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 15g sugars, 25g protein