potato sardine cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Makes 12 servings, 1 pancake each
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 box Kosher for Passover Potato Pancake Mix
- 1 can sardines (3.75 oz.) in water or oil, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill or parsley
- Vegetable or olive oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, beat two eggs. Add cold water and mix well. Stir in contents of potato pancake mix.
- Allow batter to thicken for 3–4 minutes. Add chopped sardines and dill or parsley. Stir.
- Heat 1/8-inch of oil in skillet on medium high. To make each cake, carefully drop a tablespoon of batter into the hot oil.
- Let the batter brown on the bottom for about 30–60 seconds, then add another tablespoon of mixture to the top of the cake and lightly press with spatula.
- Allow cake to cook for a minute or two longer, then fry on the other side for two to three minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place the cooked cakes on a dish lined with paper towel and cover to keep warm.
- Serve potato sardine cakes plain, or top with sour cream or tartar sauce.
*Make sure all ingredients are Kosher for Passover
Per Serving: 120 calories, 7g fat, 1g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.