quick sausage and corn chowder
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 ounces each
- 1/2 lb kielbasa, sliced very thin
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 can cream-style yellow corn
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Over medium-high heat, in a Dutch oven, cook kielbasa and onion until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Season with black pepper.
- Bring to a boil; immediately reduce heat and cover.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
per serving: 370 calories, 20g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 1570mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 15g protein