- Wash jars and lids in hot, soapy water, then rinse in hot water. Wash cucumbers, slice into spears and pack tightly into jars.
- Divide dill, garlic, onion, bay leaves, allspice and mustard seeds between jars and tuck into spaces between cucumbers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve solids. Pour hot liquid into jars to cover cucumbers.
- Cap jars tightly, allow to cool to room temperature, then put in the refrigerator.
- Serve after 1 week or continue to store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Makes 2 quarts.
Per Serving: 10 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 0g protein