prep time: 30 minutes + refrigeration time
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 1 week
makes: 20 servings, 1 oz. each
- 2 heatproof quart glass jars with 2-part lids
- 1 ½ lb. cucumbers (about 10 mini cucumbers)
- 4 large sprigs fresh dill
- 4 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 1/3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Wash jars and lids in hot, soapy water, then rinse in hot water. Wash cucumbers, slice into spears and pack tightly into jars.
- Divide dill, garlic, onion, bay leaves, allspice and mustard seeds between jars and tuck into spaces between cucumbers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and stir to dissolve solids. Pour hot liquid into jars to cover cucumbers.
- Cap jars tightly, allow to cool to room temperature, then put in the refrigerator.
- Serve after 1 week or continue to store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Makes 2 quarts.
Per Serving: 10 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 0g protein