rhubarb pork roast
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 55 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 5 oz. each
- 3 ½ lb shoulder or pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pork roast in a roasting pan.
- Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of pork and insert slivers of garlic. Rub surface of the roast with rosemary. Roast for approximately 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb sauce over pork and continue to roast, basting often, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 40–45 minutes. Let roast rest for 3 minutes before slicing. Slice thin and serve with rhubarb sauce.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 230 calories, 9g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 8g sugars, 26g protein