roasted carrots and parsnips
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1/2 lb carrots, washed and unpeeled
- 1/2 lb parsnips, washed and peeled
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice carrots and parsnips into sticks about 4 inches long and 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a shallow rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with thyme leaves. Roast the vegetables, turning them once or twice during cooking until the edges and tips begin to brown and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
per serving: 90 calories, 4g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 1g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.