roasted eggplant dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes Makes 8 serving, 1/4 cup each
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes (with skin)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoon s + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. In a medium bowl, combine eggplant, red onion, red bell peppers, 2 Tablespoons oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables on a baking sheet. Roast for 45–55 minutes or until vegetables are soft and browned.
- While vegetables are roasting, cut 1/4 inch off the pointed top of the garlic head. Place in a small baking dish, cut side up.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Roast approximately 45 minutes until garlic cloves are soft and golden brown.
- Cool roasted vegetables slightly and place in a food processor. Add 3–4 roasted garlic cloves, tomato paste, and lemon juice. Pulse 4–5 times to blend.
*Make sure all ingredients are listed as Kosher for Passover
Per Serving: 60 calories, 3g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 4g sugars, 1g protein