sausage and vegetable kabobs with mustard
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 kabob each
- 4 12" wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 lb Stop & Shop Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4 slices (slice through casing)
- 1 large red bell pepper, washed, seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1" squares
- 1 small zucchini, washed, ends removed and cut into 3/4 " slices
- 12 firm cherry or grape tomatoes, washed
- Mix the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and pepper together in a small bowl.
- On each skewer, alternately thread the sausage and vegetable chunks beginning and ending with red pepper cubes.
- Leave a small space between the sausage pieces so the sausage will cook through.
- Brush the mustard mixture onto the sausage and vegetables.
- Prepare the grill with medium heat coals or preheat the broiler.
- Grill the kabobs for a total of 18-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Kabobs are ready when sausage reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
per serving: 240 calories, 19g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 8g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 10g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.