savory rosemary & feta zucchini bread
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
ready in: 1 hour
makes: 24 servings, 1 slice each
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Per serving: 120 calorie, 6g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 25mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 3g protein
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a cheese cloth or a spoon and fine mesh strainer, squeeze out as much water from the zucchini as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, chopped scallions, chopped peppers, garlic powder, feta, rosemary, balsamic, olive oil and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to vegetable mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into a two lightly greased 9x5 loaf pans and place on center rack of oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden and bread is cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in freezer wrap and aluminum foil, then place inside a resealable bag. Write date on bag and place in freezer for up to 5 months.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.