shrimp in puff pastry
prep time: 30 minutes cook time: 20 minutes makes 12 servings, 2 oz. each
- 12 oz. raw shrimp, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 sheets puff pastry
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Combine shrimp and onion; be sure mixture is finely chopped. Combine mayonnaise and cream cheese and mix well.
- Add shrimp and onion mixture to cream cheese mixture with lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and thyme.
- On a floured surface, roll one sheet of puff pastry until pastry is half as thick. Using a floured cookie cutter, cut out circles for shrimp pastries.
- Place a small scoop of shrimp mixture in the middle of each circle. Dampen the edges with water. Place an additional pastry circle on top; crimp to seal. Place on a prepared baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray or covered with a silpat sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 15–20 minutes, allow to cool before serving.