southwest chicken pockets
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 pocket each
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- 2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with oil or cooking spray. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions and pepper until soft.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll out each piece into a 10-inch square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise to form eight 5-inch squares.
- Divide chicken evenly among the eight squares. Top with cooked onion, peppers, cheese and BBQ sauce. Fold four corners up over filling and pinch edges together to seal.
- Place each pocket on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and reheat in microwave.
per serving: 250 calories, 7g fat, 2g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g sugars, 17g protein