southwestern pork with black-bean quinoa salad
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 18 minutes
ready in: 38 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 11 oz. each
- Southwestern Pork:
- 1lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons chipotle seasoning
- Black Bean-Quinoa Salad:
- 1¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the Southwestern Pork: Preheat oven to 425°F. Place pork in a roasting pan; rub with 2 tablespoons of the garlic, plus rosemary, and pepper to taste. Pour juice and honey over pork; sprinkle with chipotle seasoning and remaining 1 tablespoon garlic.
- Place pan in oven. Roast 18–20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, basting occasionally. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- For the Black Bean-Quinoa Salad: In a medium saucepan combine broth and quinoa; cook according to package directions. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add beans, bell pepper, onion, salsa and lime juice; stir to combine.
- To serve, slice pork across the grain into slices 1/2-inch thick. Serve with Black Bean-Quinoa Salad.
per serving: 310 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 6g sugars, 31g protein