- Puree strawberries in a blender.
- Combine lemon juice, basil and strawberry puree in a small bowl, stir and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to develop. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds, pulp and herbs.
- While fruit mixture is refrigerating, make a simple syrup by heating the sugar and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved completely, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine the juice mixture and the simple syrup in a pitcher. Add cold sparkling water, more or less to the desired strength. Refrigerate 30–40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more lemon juice.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemon, fresh basil and additional sliced strawberries, if desired.
per serving: 60 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 14g sugars, 0g protein