spinach couscous with bbq tofu
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 ½ cups each
- 1 ½ cups uncooked couscous, whole grain
- 2 Tablespoons vegan margarine
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1 lb. baked tofu, any variety, cubed
- 1/3 cup natural barbeque sauce
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cover couscous with 3 cups boiling water in heatproof serving container and let stand 10 minutes; fluff with fork. Stir in margarine, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Put wet spinach in large, wide, dry skillet. Cover and steam about 1 minute or until wilted. Remove and corsely chop. Stir in couscous.
- Combine tofu and barbeque sauce in skillet. Cover over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4-5 minutes. Scatter tofu over couscous and serve.
Per Serving: 570 calories, 18g fat, 3g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 6g sugars, 35g protein