spring vegetable pasta primavera
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 15 minutes ready in: 30 minutes makes: 8 servings, 8 oz. each
- 1 box (12 oz.) tricolor rotini
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 Nature’s Promise carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 2 cup Nature’s Promise arugula, packed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheese blend
- 1 tub (4 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add the asparagus, carrots and bell pepper to the pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook until tomatoes begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pot. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Stir the reserved liquid into the tomatoes and add mixture to the pot of pasta and vegetables. Add the basil, arugula and cheese blend and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with pepper, spoon into bowls, top with the goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.