sugar cookies with variations
prep time: 1 hour 19 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 29 minutes
makes: 30 servings, 1 cookie each
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
- Roll dough into a log on plastic wrap. Wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice roll into 1/4-1/2 inch discs and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely before removing from cookie sheets.
per serving: 70 calories, 4g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 0g fiber, 5g Sugar, 1g protein