sweet corn gazpacho
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 cups finely diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 cups low sodium tomato juice or vegetable juice
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 Tablespoon fresh basil)
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- If using fresh corn on the cob, cook and cool before removing kernels; cook frozen corn until just tender; no need to cook canned corn.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except garnish.
- Refrigerate for 4–6 hours to allow flavors to develop. Serve chilled with fresh basil for garnish.
Per Serving: 70 calories, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 8g sugars, 3g protein