sweet curried pork tenderloin
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 7 ounces each
- 1 ½ lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Season pork with salt and pepper, then slice into medallions about 1/2 inch each.
- In a large skillet heat half the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and apple slices until the onion is tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, in remaining oil brown tenderloin slices on both sides.
- Stir in tomatoes, raisins, curry powder, sugar and chili powder. Return the apple and onion mixture to skillet as well.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until tenderloin is cooked to at least 145°F.
- Add pepper flakes if you like more spice.
per serving: 240 calories, 8g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 17g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 24g protein