tilapia with roasted carrots
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 1 lb. tilapia fillets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 16 oz. baby carrots
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning or blackening seasoning
Per Serving: 220 calories, 9g fat, 2g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 25g protein
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place carrots in a microwave-safe container. Add water and cover, cooking for 8 minutes or until carrots begin to soften.
- Drain the carrots and layer them in a baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon seasoning.
- Rinse and dry the tilapia fillets. Place fish on top of the carrots and drizzle with remaining oil and seasoning.
- Put the dish into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until tilapia reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and the carrots are tender.
- Serve with a side of white or brown rice.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.