tuna croquettes with mustard cream
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 5 minutes ready in: 20 minutes makes: 6 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped dill, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 12 oz. can tuna in water, lightly flaked
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Combine potatoes, onion and 1 tablespoon yogurt until smooth. Stir in dill, lemon and pepper.
- Lightly fold in tuna. Pour in egg whites and mix. Divide mixture into 6 croquettes.
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with butter flavored non-stick vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat (30 seconds or until hot). Cook 1 ½ minutes on each side or until nicely browned and heated through.
- Combine 1/4 cup yogurt and mustard. Blend until creamy. Top each croquette with 2 teaspoons of mustard cream.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato, or with a side salad.