turkey and fig crostini
prep time: 35 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 24 servings, 1 piece each
- 8 oz. multi-grain baguette
- 8 oz. Nature's Promise® black mission figs
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 5 oz. Nature's Promise® hickory smoked turkey breast
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 4 oz. goat cheese (chevre)
- 1 oz. Nature's Promise®arugula leaves
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut bread into 24 rounds, 3/4-inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until light gold, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer sheet to a wire rack and let the crostini cool completely.
- Remove stems from figs and then cut into 1/4-inch pieces. Combine figs with agave nectar and 1 ½ cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, covered, until most of liquid has evaporated and figs are easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and process until almost smooth (add a tablespoon or two of water, if needed, to thin to desired consistency). Remove from the processor and cool before using. Slice turkey breast slices and the arugula leaves into very thin strips, approximately 1"x1/4" thick.
- To assemble: Spread each round with the goat cheese and top with 2 teaspoons of the fig puree. Sprinkle with turkey slices, drizzle glaze and finally top with the sliced arugula leaves.
per serving: 80 calories, 2g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 12g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 4g protein