turkey meatball sandwich with yogurt sauce
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 10 minutes ready in: 25 minutes makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 2 containers (6 oz.) plain, low-fat yogurt
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lime for zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey, 93% Lean / 7% Fat
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely sliced scallion greens
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pkg. (8.8-oz.) Indian Naan Bread*
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 fresh lettuce leaves
- *tortillas or pita pockets may be substituted
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, 2 teaspoon parsley, sugar, juice from 1 lime, and cayenne pepper. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, scallions, lime zest and remaining parsley. Add the egg white and knead by hand or mix with a fork or spoon.
- Form meatballs into 1 1/2-inch diameter shapes and flatten slightly.
- Heat the canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook meatballs until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- For each sandwich use half of a piece of naan or a tortilla. Portion lettuce, meatballs and cucumbers on top. Drizzle with yogurt sauce.