prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 pocket each
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped zucchini or eggplant
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- 1/2 cup reduced fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tablespoons marinara sauce
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté pepper and onion until soft.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining vegetables and oregano, mixing well.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll out each piece into a 10-inch square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise to form eight 5-inch squares.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly among eight squares. Top with peppers, onions, cheese and marinara sauce. Fold four corners up over filling and pinch edges together to seal.
- Place each pocket on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and reheat in microwave.
per serving: 180 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 7g protein