prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 1/4 cup each
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and diced watermelon
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Freshly ground pepper, optional
- Pinch of salt, optional
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, cucumber, onion and pepper.
- Add cilantro, lime juice, freshly ground pepper and salt (if desired).
- Serve at room temperature, or for optimum taste, refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
Per Serving: 20 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0g protein