prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 0 minutes ready in: 15 minutes makes: 4 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cover the chopped zucchini with a damp paper towel and microwave on high for about 3 minutes until tender. Drain, pressing lightly on the zucchini to extract any liquid. Let cool about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add avocado, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, hot sauce and salt. Mash with a fork until combined.
- Fold zucchini into avocado mixture.